Bus students are expected to obey the St. Mary Parish and the Holy Cross Elementary bus regulations. Students violating these regulations are subject to consequences in accordance with the violations.
St. Mary Parish School Board rules and regulations for pupils transported in school buses are as follows:
1. Students must be on time at designated stop.
2. Students must obey the driver promptly and cheerfully.
3. Students must obey and respect the orders from the patrol on duty.
4. Students must help to keep the bus clean and sanitary. Anyone purposely damaging, cutting or breaking bus property will be disciplined and be required to pay damages.
5. Students must avoid causing trouble by teasing, harassing, pulling hair, scuffling or using unfit language. These are causes for suspension from riding the bus.
6. All books and materials must remain inside school bag while on the bus.
7. Arms and head must be kept inside the bus window at all times. Nothing is to be thrown out of the windows.
8. There should be no moving around or changing seats while the bus is in motion. One may move to another seat while the bus is stopped only if given permission by the driver. If assigned to a seat by the driver, student must stay in that seat.
9. Loud talking will not be tolerated. Talking in normal tones is permitted.
10. Obtain permission from the driver before opening windows when it is cold or raining.
11. No student should expect special privileges.
12. The middle aisle should not be blocked by students occupying the seat next to the aisle.
13. No student will be allowed to ride another bus or be discharged at a different stop unless he/she has written permission from his/her parent(s) and approval by the principal.
*** NOTE: Any violation of the above rules and regulations may be reason for disciplinary action, suspension or expulsion from the bus. Cooperation will help to make transportation safe and comfortable.
* walk down the walkway in an attentive and respectful manner
* enter the bus according to grade level without running or rushing
* sit two (2) to a seat without skipping any seats according to procedures of the bus driver
* remain seated until the bus stops at individual’s stop
* not project any part of the body out of the bus window
* not throw anything out of the bus window
* behave in accordance with the student responsibilities as stated in the school's code of student responsibilities
TO HCES HOME PAGE
Holy Cross Elementary School
2100 Cedar Street, Unit 2
Morgan City, LA 70380